The Most Important Organ
One day, the body got together and decided to have a board meeting. Here is what went on behind closed doors: there was an intense discussion to determine who was the most important part of the body.
- The BRAIN was the first to speak. “Without me, nothing would be accomplished.”
- Then the HEART spoke up. “Without me pumping blood to your brain, you could not function.”
- The ARMS laughed. “You are both wrong; without me to put food in the mouth, nothing would work.”
- The STOMACH said, “Without me, your food would not digest.”
- The LUNGS bellowed back, “Without me, you could not breathe.”
- The EYES blinked, “Without me, you could not see.”
- The KIDNEYS snorted, “Without me, you could not detoxify and eliminate.”
- Then the COLON meekly spoke up. “I am important. You need me to eliminate all of the garbage from your systems.”
Everyone laughed and made fun of the colon. “How can you be as important as we are. You are just a smelly old sewer.” The poor colon - with hurt feelings, turned away and thought, I will show them.
THE COLON DECIDED TO SHUT DOWN, then sat back and watched what would happen!
- The BRAIN was stupefied.
- The HEART’s beat was weak and irregular.
- The ARMS were weak and could not move.
- The LUNGS - the breathing was shallow.
- The EYES became clouded.
- The KIDNEYS quit.
Then the COLON looked around and decided it was time to call another board meeting. It was not too lively this time, but everyone was in total agreement.
THE COLON WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT ORGAN.
Listen to Diane's Episode 7 The Mind Gut Connection